Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Here Wii Come!

It was a Wii Christmas in our family but I got mine along with WiiFit for my birthday on January 10. The weather isn't always nice for walking so I think the girls talked David into investing in home fitness technology. I had no preconceived notions about how it would work or whether I would do it at all let alone faithfully (you see I HATE to sweat but that's another story that won't be shared.)

So daughter number two set it up for me on Sunday evening and we did the body assessment (I have a password on THAT information!) ;-) Then it explained posture as a first point in beginning your new fitness regiment. It said that if you trip alot then you obviously have poor posture. The whole family literally laughed out loud when that comment came up. You see, I'm a clutz - in this case Weebles wobble but they DO fall down - and I hate to say it happens more often than not. Everyone is always telling me to watch my footing (like I'm not aware I'm clumsy and forget to be careful.) But I know it's because they are tired of picking me up off the ground.

However, I have to say that the last fall I had was not my fault. I was taking Sadie for a walk and she sees another dog and gets very excited. I moved out on the street to avoid walking past the other pup, but Sadie lurches around my legs and the leash catches me off balance and puts me flat on my back like road kill. Sadie seemed oblivious to the whole thing but daughter number two with whom I was walking had a great chuckle once it was determined I was still in one piece.

This toy is a LOT of fun and so far I'm two-for-two on the 30-minutes-a-day calendar. Perhaps my time on the WiiFit board will improve my clutziness in addition to the anticipated weight loss. Wii'll soon find out!

No comments: