Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Portrait in Detail

Madie likes to draw and she's actually pretty good. Recently she decided to draw a portrait of me. She asked if I would sit with hands folded and she worked to get every position just perfect. Then she picked up her crayons and paper and said, "Smile Grammie!" I did so and while she is intently looking at me to get all the details, she commented, "The lines on your mouth are deep when you smile." I replied, "Everyone has those lines, Madie. It happens when you use those muscles. Go look at yourself." She promptly got up and walked down the hall to the full-length mirror by the bathroom. Walking back, I said, "See? You've got them too." She shrugged her shoulders at least as in half agreement and then replied, "but now as deep as yours!"

No comments: