Friday, September 4, 2009

Where to Begin ... Again?

It's been quite some time, not that I'm sure anyone is reading these anyway. I won't complain about the weather this summer, what's the point. But despite the clouds and downpours, some very happy things have occurred. On our 34th anniversary in June, we celebrated in Moncton with Madison, Shelley, Mark, Angie and Charlotte. Yes, we got to see Charlotte Eve Kennedy at 6 months in the womb on a 3D/4D screen. Let me tell you, she was already beautiful. Despite first attempts to see her face and only got legs, feet and butt (yes SHE is a girl!) and poor Mommy having to go for a walk and eat something to stimulate her, we finally saw her dear little face and watched her move her hands around. She even sucked on her thumb (oh oh!) It was truly amazing and a miracle to see her for real. Thanks to Angie and Mark for sharing the occasion.

We also bought a pontoon boat with which we surprised the family by telling them we were going to the Beaverbrook for dinner and lo and behold, they got a picnic on UNBelieveable! Nobody complained. We've already had some great family jaunts to Middle Island and are looking forward to taking Charlotte on board before the boat has to be docked for the winter.

The baby's due date is tomorrow, September 5, which was my grandfather MacDougall's birthday. I think with the full moon tonight gravity may help her make her appearance this weekend! Our fingers are crossed and I know Angie is good and ready!

Sadie was the model dog for FLASH 2009 (Fashioning Love Access Shelter Hope), the fashion show with well-known Frederictonians and their canine friends. Sadie modelled a cowgirl dress and hat from Love Puppy while her handler for the night, Trevor Doyle, wore cowboy duds from North Stream Tack Shop. I was so proud of her performance! She was a peach. Thanks to my dear friend Penny for helping to look after her while I had to do my "thing" during the evening. It was a pleasure for the FSPCA to partner with the homeless shelters; it makes for a great fundraiser. We so appreciate everyone involved and especially those who turned out for a wonderful evening.

I can't believe September is here - my parents' 61st wedding anniversary has gone by - the FREX is next. Hey Angie, how about a ride on the Scrambler! ;-)

No comments: