Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's a GIRL!

My second grandchild is on the way, due to arrive on or about September 5th. My daughter and son-in-law were anxiously awaiting the first ultrasound which was yesterday. Before they arrived at my office with baby-gender news, I got two calls - one from Grampy and one from Aunt Shelley who both said, "Na Na, I know and you don't." And they wouldn't tell me either. I was the third stop being at the bottom of the hill in the penthouse of the Centennial Building.

They arrive with images in hand but I can't tell what it is. They are being very coy. I said, "It's a boy isn't it." The only reason I think this is because she has not been sick and the women in our family tend to be very ill when carrying the first girl. They smile and we chat some more. Then Mommy-to-be says, "Well, the baby will be carrying on your grandmother's name!" It's a GIRL! Charlotte Eve. Eve being my paternal grandmother. WOW! I admit I am relieved as I have not raised any boys and don't know much about that! At least I'm still in the know!

While she will carry her paternal great-great grandmother's middle name (from Catherine Eve Young Manzer), she is also due on her maternal great-great grandfather MacDougall's birthday (Donald O. MacDougall). Both very special people.

Number One granddaughter took the news well as she also thought it was a boy, but admitted she wanted a girl cousin. She revealed to her mother that she was worried that Grampy might not love her as much (can you tell she's Grampy's girl?!) No worries there my sweet. Grampy has enough love to go around for all his girls and he has quite a harem.

I am very excited that we will be going to Moncton on our 34th wedding anniversary to participate in a 3D ultrasound. So sweet little Charlotte, we'll see your pretty face soon. We can hardly wait. God bless my baby.

No comments: